This phone requires both a regular landline phone service and high speed internet to be provided and installed by the intended user prior to delivery of this phone. Purchase of this phone does not include either of these services or their installation.
Designed for people who are comfortable with a traditional-style telephone, the CapTel 880i Captioned Phone shows word-for-word captions on a large, easy-to-read 10" display screen. Captel is available for the U.S. only.
The CapTel 880i Captioned Phone is a traditional-style phone that shows word-for-word captions of your conversation on a large, easy-to-read 10 display. The CapTel 880i is an ideal amplified captioned phone solution for people with low vision or who have difficulty reading standard-sized captions.
It connects to both your telephone and Internet service to give you the best of both worlds: voice and captions. The captions are provided by a free service that uses the Internet connection to automatically display captions for every call, quickly and accurately. Captions are available on calls within the United States only.
- Captions can be turned on/off as needed
- Built in Answering Machine
- Extra large display screen
- Adjustable font sizes and colors including extra large font option
- Phone book stores frequently called numbers (95+ names)
- WiFi compatible
- Captions appear automatically on all calls – incoming and outgoing. No need for callers to dial through the Captioning Service.
- Wi-Fi compatible to position anywhere within your wireless network range
- Captions can be turned on or off at any time in a call.
- Built-in Answering Machine takes voice messages with captions
- Large, easy-to-read captions window with adjustable font sizes and colors.
- Display screen tilts for comfortable reading or lies flat to mount the phone on a wall.
- Adjustable volume control (up to 40dB gain) for captioned calls. Volume button is easy to see and adjust during a call.
- One-touch access to CapTel Customer Service (speed dial button automatically connects you to CapTel Help Line).
- Easy-to-follow menu system with Yes/No questions.
- Phone Book allows you to easily store and dial more than 95 names/phone numbers.
- Speed dial keys for one-touch dialing of frequently called numbers.
- Caller-ID capable – shows you who is calling directly on display screen.
- Captions available on calls within the United States only.
- Telephone Service
- High-Speed Internet (WiFi or via Ethernet cable)
- Router may be required, depending on your set-up
- Standard electrical power
What to expect after you place a CapTel Phone Order
- Within two business days after you have placed your order, a CapTel representative will contact you via email to verify your information.
- Once you respond to the email, your order will ship. CapTel will also offer installation help, either by a technician (if available in your area) or over the phone.
- You will have 90 days after installation to try your new CapTel phone
FEDERAL LAW PROHIBITS ANYONE BUT REGISTERED USERS WITH HEARING LOSS FROM USING INTERNET PROTOCOL (IP) CAPTIONED TELEPHONES WITH THE CAPTIONS TURNED ON. IP Captioned Telephone Service may use a live operator. The operator generates captions of what the other party to the call says. These captions are then sent to your phone. There is a cost for each minute of captions generated, paid from a federally administered fund. No cost is passed on to the CapTel user for using the service.
|Warranty||Five year warranty|
|Caller ID Screen||Yes|
|Caller ID Talking||No|
|Telephone Answering Machine||Yes|
|Telephone Big Buttons||Yes|