The CapTel 2400i Captioned Phone is a 40dB amplified phone that shows word-for-word captions of your conversation on a large touchscreen display. The CapTel 2400i has a large colorful display dial-by-picture capability and built-in answering machine to make it easy to enjoy talking on the phone again.
The 2400iBT allows you to easily pair a Bluetooth headset, neckloop (such as the Quattro 4.0—see accessories), hearing aid or cochlear implant, providing even more flexibility and clearer sound. Is not able to pair with a cell phone.
It connects to both your telephone and Internet service to give you the best of both worlds: voice and captions. The captions are provided by a free service that uses the Internet connection to automatically display captions for every call quickly and accurately. Captions are available on calls within the United States only.
Five year manufacturer warranty with 90 day money back satisfaction guarantee!
Watch an overview about CapTel.
Video testimonial from a CapTel user.
What to expect after you place your CapTel Phone order
- Within two business days after you have placed your order a CapTel representative will contact you via email to verify your information and offer installation assistance. Simply confirm your information and let us know if you would like to take advantage of free installation help. Once you respond to the email your order will ship.
- You will have 90 days after installation to try your new CapTel phone and the captioning service. You can return the phone at any time within the 90 days for a full refund. If you decide to keep the phone there is nothing more you need to do—just enjoy phone calls again with confidence!
CapTel 2400i Captioned Phone Features
- Callers dial your phone number directly
- Captions appear on all calls automatically; no need to dial through a captioning service
- Captions can be turned on or off at any time in a call
- Adjustable tone and volume control - up to 40 decibel gain
- Dial-by-picture capability
- Adjustable caption font sizes and colors
- Bright ring flasher to alert you to calls and answering machine messages
- Large touchscreen caption display tilts for comfortable reading or lies flat for mounting the phone on a wall
- Standard telephone keypad buttons for familiar, comfortable dialing
- Pairs with and sends the conversation directly to Bluetooth-enabled hearing aids or chochlear implants
- Pairs with Bluetooth-enabled neckloops, which sends the conversation directly to any t-coil enabled hearing aid
- 100 name/number phone book to store frequently called numbers
- Built-in answering machine takes voice messages with captions
- Spanish-to-Spanish captioning available, with Spanish language menus
- Caller ID capable
- WiFi compatible
- Difficulty hearing on the phone due to hearing loss
- High speed Internet connection
- Home phone connection (analog VoIP FIOS DSL or cable - cannot be cellular service)
- Standard electrical power