This phone requires both a regular landline phone service and high speed internet to be provided and installed by the intended user prior to delivery of this phone. Purchase of this phone does not include either of these services or their installation.
Don't let hearing loss keep you from using your telephone. CaptionCall Captioned Phone is a 58dB amplified telephone for people with hearing loss that displays captions of what callers say on a large, easy-to-read touchscreen. Amplification is available with captioning turned on or off unlike many competitors phones. CaptionCall requires a standard home phone landline service and high speed Internet. CAPTIONCALL IS AVAILABLE FOR THE U.S. ONLY. Over 90% of U.S. customers are able to receive in home installation by a qualified technician.
How CaptionCall works
Captioncall is similar to captioned television. Free ongoing captioning service is funded by the FCC to provide nearly instant, automatic captioning on every call you make and receive.
- You hear your caller's voice over a standard phone line.
- The CaptionCall phone sends their voice to the CaptionCall service, which converts spoken words to caption text.
- The text is displayed on the screen of the CaptionCall phone.
- High speed Internet
- Home landline phone service - if you do not have, CaptionCall will provide free VOIP service!
- Ordinary home electrical outlet
- Resident of the US
Watch an overview about CaptionCall captioned phone service.
Video testimonial from a real CaptionCall user.
What to expect after you place your CaptionCall Captioned Phone order
- Within a few days after you have placed your order, a CaptionCall representative will contact you to schedule a time to come out and install the phone and to teach you about how the service works. Installation service via a CaptionCall representative is available in most areas. When an installer is not available you will be assisted over the phone.
- You will have a full 60 days to evaluate the phone and captioning service once the CaptionCall captioned phone has been installed. If, for any reason, you wish to return the CaptionCall Captioned Phone within those 60 days, you will be given a full refund.
- 58dB of amplification (Available with captioning turned off unlike many competitors products)
- Adjustable loud ringer (up to 95dB SPL)
- Free and secure captioning service (funded by the FCC)
- Save captioned conversations for later reference
- Large 7" easy-to-read screen with adjustable text sizes
- Missed call notification
- Boost override
- Store up to 200 contacts with photos
- Neckloop jack
- Hearing aid compatible
- TIA-4953 compliant
CaptionCall User Manual
The CaptionCall Captioned Phone will receive periodic automatic updates via the Internet. Just keep your CaptionCall Captioned Phone connected to receive these updates. These periodic updates will contain new features and enhancements to your CaptionCall phone to provide you the best captioned telephone experience available.
Purchase price includes license to use the CaptionCall phone hardware. The CaptionCall phone remains property of CaptionCall in order to provide ongoing support, service, and upgrades.
|Caller ID Screen||Yes|
|Caller ID Talking||No|
|Telephone Answering Machine||No|
|Telephone Big Buttons||Yes|